stl file from filaween 2.0

Got some sweet designs to share?
atraneberlin

stl file from filaween 2.0

Post by atraneberlin » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:50 am

Hi all,

do you know whether Tom has published the stl file for filament optimisation (3 Benchys at different temperatures and three test for top layer extrusion)? It would be great to have an stl to run for every new filament before doing longer prints that should look nice.

Thanks for any tips,
Stefan

PS: I have an Anet A8 (yes I know there are printers with stiffer frames etc, but it prints ok) - would the successive printing for the Prusa i3 work also for the Anet, or is the gantry height & clearance around the extruder a problem? - I guess I will have to find out :-)

atraneberlin

Re: stl file from filaween 2.0

Post by atraneberlin » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:08 am

Thank you for the link to the files!

Now how can I print several benchies and Extrusion Amount tests with different temperatures and Flow rates? I do not have Simplify3d, does any of the free software (Cura, slic3r) have the functionality, without having to modify the GCode by hand?

Thanks!

PartTimeRonin

Post by PartTimeRonin » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:47 am

atraneberlin wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:08 am
Thank you for the link to the files!

Now how can I print several benchies and Extrusion Amount tests with different temperatures and Flow rates? I do not have Simplify3d, does any of the free software (Cura, slic3r) have the functionality, without having to modify the GCode by hand?

Thanks!
In Slic3r you can do that

Sequential printing

Edit : Second image is not what I assume it is, my bad.
Last edited by PartTimeRonin on Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

atraneberlin

Post by atraneberlin » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:46 pm

Thank you very much for your help, the answer is exactly what I was looking for!

PartTimeRonin

Post by PartTimeRonin » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:14 pm

Hhhmm I assume it wrong that you can choose different profile for each part, my bad.
The second image is not for that sorry.
Maybe Tom just edit the gcode after sliced it.

fffilip

Post by fffilip » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:50 pm

From the videos it's clear that Tom uses Simplify3D for these tests. That's why you have troubles replicating the per model settings with Slic3r...
If you're looking for a free solution, you can set different settings per model with Cura.

(Well this is an old thread by now, but since I bumped into it...)