Where do you all post your STL's nowadays?

Got some sweet designs to share?
BoriSpider

Where do you all post your STL's nowadays?

Post by BoriSpider » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:58 pm

I still use YouMagine.com and I see ppl using thingiverse.com still. Is there a new/better place now? Or is it more of a person to person thing now?

oakdesign

Re: Where do you all post your STL's nowadays?

Post by oakdesign » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:40 pm

As a newbie I started with thingiverse as it is the first place you stumble upon if you are geting into the theme of 3d printing.
Only after getting deeper into the topic I checked other plattforms like youmagine or Grabcad.
Because at that time I already have registered to thingiverse and started to upload my first designs, I'll stick to it for the moment.

Regards Richard
Opa's bester Rat: Probieren geht über Studieren, Grandpas best advice: the proof of the pudding is in the eating

GeekyRaptor

Post by GeekyRaptor » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:23 pm

Sketchfab?

I_am_me

Post by I_am_me » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:15 pm

I post everything on thingiverse, I started by using thingiverse and didn't want to bother re-uploading and managing multiple accounts.
I know thingiverse is property of makerbot and as such not as *free* as youmagine or other platforms but it's easier for me.

Ariel

Post by Ariel » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:52 am

Why myminifactory.com get so little love? :(
MMF ftw!
Your friendly neighbourhood girl
Proud owner of a bigbox dual(working on a diamond hotend for her) named Brigid
I talk in purple and bold!

DanielNoree

Post by DanielNoree » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:59 am

I mainly use Thingiverse, Pinshape, Myminifactory and YouMagine.

MarkusKruse

Post by MarkusKruse » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:36 pm

According to google trends, thingiverse is the main place to be, so that is where I upload my stuff:

https://www.thingiverse.com/Terrain4Print/designs

I just checked again. For every 100 google search on thingiverse, about 3-5 searches are made on sites like pinshape, youmagine and myminifactory. Grabcad has about 30% of what thingiverse has but it is not focus on 3D printing (right?).

JeffDM

Post by JeffDM » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:33 am

I see clearly more “traffic” on Thingiverse. I’m not fond of the Makerbot company but it’s

I used to try to make a point of posting to YouMagine but it’s not as nice of a site, search fails to find things that are definitely in their index, and sparse content hurts too.

Pinshape has a sluggish UI, wasting my time on transition animations instead of just letting me go to the clicked item.

GrabCAD definitely has higher quality content but if I just want to print something then that’s not the place to go unless I want to build off an existing design.