Autoleveling crashing so hard

Anything goes! Cheap or expensive, FDM or SLA, DIY or Commercial.
ComicBit

Autoleveling crashing so hard

Post by ComicBit » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:41 pm

Hello everyone, this is my printer, its equipped with a lj12a3-4-z/bx inductive probe, i have also a PEI sheet on a MK3 bed.

I'm trying to make the mesh bed leveling working since months now, but i fail everytime. In the points 1 and 7 i experience a problem during G29,
the probe go down searching for the bed, the nozzle touches the bed before the probe see the bed = The nozzle crashes on the bed and if i don't reset the printer i destroy almost everything. How can i solve this problem? Is such painful. My prints sucks because my bed suffer a lot of deformation. And the only way that i have for compensate that is mesh bed, that isn't working at all.

Moorviper

Re: Autoleveling crashing so hard

Post by Moorviper » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:20 pm

it looks like you bought the PrimaFil PEI Sheet
this is SH*T it reacts with accetone and IPA and is no PEI.

it is also too thick for the most sensors
When you really want to use this sheet you have to use a capacitive or a bl-touch.

Stefan

Post by Stefan » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:24 am

Hi ComicBit,

I also have a Mk3 bed with a similar inductive sensor. I've found that the probe has to be VERY close to the bed (about 1mm) to detect the aluminum surface. Anything that makes that distance greater is going to be an issue for you. Also, I think autoleveling can only do so much for you. Do your best to get your bed as level as you can to the extruder in advance. Lastly, be sure to autolevel AFTER heating both the extruder and bed to temp.

-S

ComicBit

Post by ComicBit » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:53 am

Moorviper wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:20 pm
it looks like you bought the PrimaFil PEI Sheet
this is SH*T it reacts with accetone and IPA and is no PEI.

it is also too thick for the most sensors
When you really want to use this sheet you have to use a capacitive or a bl-touch.
I think too that this isn't quite good for 3d printing but since today everytime worked for me. I'm not considering Capacitive probes anymore after thomas said that they are unrialable on the probe comparison video.

ComicBit

Post by ComicBit » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:55 am

Stefan wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:24 am
Hi ComicBit,

I also have a Mk3 bed with a similar inductive sensor. I've found that the probe has to be VERY close to the bed (about 1mm) to detect the aluminum surface. Anything that makes that distance greater is going to be an issue for you. Also, I think autoleveling can only do so much for you. Do your best to get your bed as level as you can to the extruder in advance. Lastly, be sure to autolevel AFTER heating both the extruder and bed to temp.

-S
Sure things. But the problem stills. I can without any problem probe the bed to the center but not on the corner. Same thing without PEI

Stefan

Post by Stefan » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:04 pm

Hi ComicBit,

Ok, try this: find a solid object with a flat top and bottom that are parallel (a soup can, for example). Place it on the bed directly under the x-rails. Adjust the height of the bed on the left or right side until the object sits neatly under the rails (no gaps). Then, move the object to the other side and repeat. The goal is to have the object just slip under the rails on both the left and right sides of the bed. This will level your bed to the x-carriage.

-S

chumm

Post by chumm » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:04 pm

Hey, not sure if you got this fixed but I also had this problem when I added a PEI sheet. For me, the answer was to get a huge inductive sensor. You'll need to create a different mount or adapter to use it, but it can sense from much farther away so it has no problem penetrating the PEI. I use this sensor which has a diameter of 16.5mm on the probe head and senses from about 4mm away.
Stefan wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:24 am
Also, I think autoleveling can only do so much for you.
You've got to have faith :lol: