Prusa i3 Clone Build Log

Anything goes! Cheap or expensive, FDM or SLA, DIY or Commercial.
EugenioFructuoso

Re: Prusa i3 Clone Build Log

Post by EugenioFructuoso » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:30 pm

Hi, sorry the last weeks did not have much time to work in the printer and to post the result, so...
chumm wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:52 am
This looks really nice! Your wiring is so clean and tidy, I really like the extruder mount too. Are you going to use a sensor for bed leveling?
Thanks Chumm, i like it too. my intention was to build a cheap printer but with a good looking.
Yes i use a inductive sensor for bed leveling but i have some issues. The detecction distance is 1mm, so im afraid that the sensor crash with the printed part, not in pla but maybe in some warping abs.

slippyr4 wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:13 am
Which extruder parts did you print? Do you have a link?
In the next days i will upload all my custom parts
ronka wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:00 pm
Hi,
Did you wrap the frame in carbonsticker? Looks nice.

The printer on your workbench on the right of the one youre building is bigger, but what's the type?
Yes, i had carbonsticker unused and thought it was a good idea.
The other printer look bigger but not, is a Tronxy p802m
dan3008 wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:19 pm
Buena construcción. Me gusta mucho la apariencia de fibra de carbono

Sorry, My ex is 1/2 Spanish, so I know a bit of (poor) conversational Spanish lol
Thanks ¡¡ your spanish is very good, keep practicing with or without girls. ;)

So, the build is complete.
i´ve had some problems with electronics.
In the first i buy a kit of arduino+ramps+a4988+lcd but i burn it... maybe the chinese ramps was fault, i dont know, the seller give my money back and i buy a better ramps, maybe the best ramp in the market.

And buy 5 x DRV8825

The LCD

For the X-endstop i put a bit of plastic

Now some prints.

The dragon was scaled down , from 14cm height to 10 cm.

Please tell me what you think, thanks ¡

lowfat

Post by lowfat » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:42 pm

Those prints look great.

Vertigo

Post by Vertigo » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:22 am

What was the layer height you used on the dragon? For reference, since I just printed the same object in the same color on the original MK2S, here is mine in 150 micron, full scale (100%) :

Of course, it will look better simply because its bigger, but Im also guessing you used 200 or more micron layer height? And you might be over extruding a little.

Im also printing one right now, which is at 66% scale, probably about the same as yours, but in brass fill and with 100 micron resolution:

will take some cleaning up, Im probably printing too hot, but on my previous attempt it jammed, so Im printing a little hotter.

Interesting thread and build though; Ive been considering building a second cloned MK2 so I can repurpose one of them for multi material upgrade. Im still on the fence. Have you kept a list of expenses, what did you end up paying for your pinter?