Active users?

Where it began and what we all love most
bengalih

Active users?

Post by bengalih » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:48 pm

Hi all. I'm new to 3D printing (just built my A8).
I'm looking for a friendly and active forum to ask questions, get assistance, etc.

This looks like a pretty small forum, which is great - as long as there are knowledgeable and active users.
I wanted to send out this feeler to get an idea of who is out there before I start rattling off my questions :)

If anyone has info on where a good support site might be (if this is not the place), I'd appreciate the info.
I've tried Thingiverse group - but after trying 2 different accounts and getting no response from support I am unable to actually post anything over there. I've also tried the FB group, but it is very hard to navigate/search.

Thanks!

Stefan

Re: Active users?

Post by Stefan » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:06 am

Hi bengalih,

Congrats on your first printer. Yes, this is a small group, but there are a handful of people here that are very knowledgeable and happy to help. Not sure how many A8s are among our printers; from what I've seen we often all learn about these machines together.

Happy printing & welcome aboard!

-Stefan

orbitalair

Post by orbitalair » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:46 am

Hi,

This week I have signed up here and the RepRap forums.

Both seem to be kinda low traffic.

Seems like the 'hobbiest' group is small, where the 'I just bought X and assembled it' group is much larger.

Seems to me the more popular youtubers are headed down the Pro level, marketing expensive machines to corporate types.

DanielPohl

Post by DanielPohl » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:48 am

Welcome, people here are happy to help. Post your question and I´m sure you will get a lot of good answers.