Dolly Build

Where it began and what we all love most
unixb0y

Re: Dolly Build

Post by unixb0y » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:05 am

Hello Stefan,
Thank you for your quick reply. What do you think about the price? Is it OK or could I find it somewhere in Europe (not China because of the shipping time) for cheaper?
I also plan to mount on standoffs (they were included in my cloned MK42 heatbed) and use mesh bed leveling in Marlin :-)
Have you heard of the brand? "Zaribo"?
~ Dave ~

Stefan

Post by Stefan » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:51 am

Hi Dave,

Don't know anything about "Zaribo". Price doesn't seem too bad (and I really hated cutting that thing out!). Dolly was originally meant as a budget build, so where you spend your money is totally your call in terms of worth. ;)

-Stefan

unixb0y

Post by unixb0y » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:45 pm

I've ordered the Zaribo carriage, let's see how it goes!
Yeah I know, right but I figured now it's almost 300 bucks anyways and I got that nice aluminium frame in black with black extrusions, now I can as well get that thing for 30 bucks shipped :lol:
~ Dave ~

Stefan

Post by Stefan » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:42 pm

Dave,

Definitely want a review when you receive it!

-Stefan

unixb0y

Post by unixb0y » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:03 pm

Hello Stefan,
Sure I will do that!
I'm documenting my build on my blog: unixb0y.github.io/blog and there you will probably find a longer review with photos etc :-)
Also, I should add the category "review" to the posts where I speak about components that I bought, thanks for that implicit "hint" ;)
~ Dave ~

unixb0y

Post by unixb0y » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:35 am

Hello Stefan,
The carriage is finally installed (did take a while because the "first one" was bent so I had to send it back etc.) and it fits perfectly fine & looks great too :D I have added a post to my blog and will upload 1-2 photos later!
I'd buy it again, especially since it's not really more expensive (max. 5€ in difference) from the AliExpress offers.
The Zaribo shop also sells a lot of other 3D printer parts at great prices. Obviously their linear rods etc. are all from Misumi so those are definitely not cheap, but e.g. you can get a PINDA probe for 12 bucks or a Noctua 40mm fan for 13€ (I paid 20 on Amazon.. :( )
~ Dave ~

Stefan

Post by Stefan » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:21 pm

Hi Dave,

Great to hear that the carriage is working out. And, it's nice to know there are reasonable alternative sources of parts.

Best,
Stefan

unixb0y

Post by unixb0y » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:18 pm

Hi Stefan,
Yes, very true! Good quality, good support and on most stuff good prices.
I'm thinking about getting one of their kits in a few months (save up a bit of money); they basically sell full MK2 / MK3 kits but as a kind of improved Haribo model AND with better parts than what Prusa ships (everything from Misumi & all that good stuff)!
~ Dave ~