e3d v6 hotend and amplified pt100 desperate

Where it began and what we all love most
jolly247

e3d v6 hotend and amplified pt100 desperate

Post by jolly247 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:01 am

Hi guys and gals new around here, and it seems there is a lot of experts around here and I am kinda desperate so I hope to get an answer to my problem.
I both Tronxy X5S it was working fine. I am trying to upgrade it with e3d v6 hot end with amplified PT100 sensor and MKS SBASE v1.3 board, but I can't get it to work.
I am a relative beginner at all this, I do have some idea how things work and I did play around with arduino boards a few years back. I can't find any reliable information on how to wire the darn thing on board and how to configure it to work. The sensor itself works OK, at least I think so since I was able to measure voltage change on a signal wire with my multimeter. But whichever way I try to connect amplifier board to MKS SBASE I get temperature 0 or -1 which means sensor not present or so I think.
I am getting kind of desperate here and I don't know if I am wiring it wrong or just configuring it wrong or both... I would really like to get it to work and try to print with PC and nylon...
Or maybe I am over my head.
Well If there is somebody out there who can help me with this he/she would make my month or two... any help would be greatly appreciated. :oops:

jolly

jolly247

Re: e3d v6 hotend and amplified pt100 desperate

Post by jolly247 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:03 am

Well, I guess I will answer my self... I managed to get in contact with the manufacturer of MKS Sbase boards. Apparently, MKS sbase doesn't work with pt100 sensor, and it does work with Max31855. I know there are people there who struggle with this maybe this will help...