TMC2130 - Prusa i3 Mk2S Specific Tutorial

Electronics, Components etc
Zunth5

TMC2130 - Prusa i3 Mk2S Specific Tutorial

Post by Zunth5 » Fri May 25, 2018 7:42 pm

The Prusa i3 Mk2s is my first 3D printer, and I personally do not have the means to ditch it for the awesome features of the Mk3. I plan on upgrading to the Mk2.5 once my order ships. I saw that you mention through a comment on your Video regarding TMC2130 that this upgrade is possible by connecting the correct pin-outs.

Admittedly, I really should invest more time getting to understand the Rambo Mini and how this upgrade would work. Due to the popularity of the Mk2S, I assume that a good portion of your subscriber-base would find a video detailing such an upgrade for the Mk2s to be very helpful. I also am not sure what would have to change in the current Prusa i3 mk2s firmware to support such an upgrade, if any change at all. The one video I found regarding an upgrade for the Mk2s on Youtube was not helpful in actually performing the upgrade.

I live in an apartment complex (more of a beehive honestly), and I am limited to how fast I can print due to the noise the printer generates. I print with PETG and cannot use low power mode due to the random blobs that once in a great while can cause layer shifting. This upgrade would be significantly beneficial to me personally.

Edit: Just found this; https://vmod.space/product/prusa-mk2s-e ... rd-rev2-3/ They seem to indicate that firmware modifications are not required, but pin availability is limited.

Moorviper

Re: TMC2130 - Prusa i3 Mk2S Specific Tutorial

Post by Moorviper » Sat May 26, 2018 2:16 am

This one are cheaper ;-)

https://de.aliexpress.com/item/A4988-DR ... 4c4dQ9eeiw

(no plan to link in english ;-) )
photo_2018-05-26_02-12-04.jpg
photo_2018-05-26_02-12-04.jpg (90.91 KiB) Viewed 1105 times
i replaced the drv on my sbase with them

for additional info:
hardware-f6/help-tmc2130-on-rambo-need- ... -t339.html