Use tmc2130 without spi in stealthchop

Electronics, Components etc
MathiasGroß

Use tmc2130 without spi in stealthchop

Post by MathiasGroß » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:11 pm

Hello,
My name is Mathias, I'm from Germany and new at this place.
Maybe it's a dump question, but how can I use the tmc2130 without the spi interface in stealthchop? The board i use at the moment doesn't have that AUX pins... In future I will buy one that has the pins, but now i have to work without the spi.
Do I have to solder all forteen pins to the tmc2130 and just plug it in, or leave some out similiar to the tmc2100? And what's to do with the three jumper connectors on the chip socket? Am I right that all have to be removed?

Sorry for my rusty english, havn't used it a long time :?

And thanks for your answeres :)

oakdesign

Re: Use tmc2130 without spi in stealthchop

Post by oakdesign » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:59 pm

Depends which TMC2130 sou have. If Watterott you have to close the SPI solder Bridge in order have them in standalone. In order to have stealthchop in standalone enabled if the pins are already presoldered you have to cut or desolder the CFG1 pin.

Kannst mich auch per PN in Muttersprache kontaktieren ich habe schon über 6 Monate intensive Erfahrung mit allen TMC Treibern.

The reason why for stealthchop CFG1 pin gas to be removed as with the MS1 jumper open the CFG1 would be connected to Ground and therefore spreadcycle is enabled
Opa's bester Rat: Probieren geht über Studieren, Grandpas best advice: the proof of the pudding is in the eating

MathiasGroß

Post by MathiasGroß » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:19 pm

Hi and thank you for your answer,
I have the tmc2130 from watterot. So If I understand it right, I have to solder the both standalone Pins together and left the cfg1 Pin unused. The Jumpers can stay in place then?

PN Sounds great but I can't find the right button^^' First Time for me in a forum, sorry...

oakdesign

Post by oakdesign » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:39 pm

This is the SPI Bridge that you have to solder close in order to set the 2130 into standalone mode

For stealthchop ths pin has to be left away

like this

Private Message buttons
Opa's bester Rat: Probieren geht über Studieren, Grandpas best advice: the proof of the pudding is in the eating

MathiasGroß

Post by MathiasGroß » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:09 pm

Hello again,
thank your for the pics, I will try it today and will post the results :)
The PN button isn't here on my page, don't know why...
screen1.JPG
PN button
screen1.JPG (32.45 KiB) Viewed 5947 times

MathiasGroß

Post by MathiasGroß » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:36 pm

Hi, I had set the tmc like on the pics, but he and the stepper motor made a very high sound, so I shut the printer of. After that I looked again on the schematics an layout files from watterot https://github.com/watterott/SilentStep ... 30_v11.pdf and thank to you I know now what standalone mode is ande how the pins work. In the schematics there is a table where you can see that for stealth mode CFG1 AND CFG2 have to be removed. I tried this and now there is NO SINGLE noise when the stepper motor works :D it's so smooth and silent it's incredible! :lol:

thanks for your help, I'm so happy with this :D

oakdesign

Post by oakdesign » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:13 pm

CFG2 PIN does not have to be removed. As it connects to the MS2 Bridge. If no Jumper is on the MS2 on the board the pin is left open.
The high pitch sound you encounter in spreadcycle is most likely due to a stepper motor with high Impendance. You can reduce or even get rid of the pitch noise in spreadcycle by pieeri g VMOT with more than 18V. I personally have my TMC connected with an 12-35V step up converter and having them powered with 28V

MathiasGroß

Post by MathiasGroß » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:40 pm

Mhh...the Jumpers are All in place. I had Just solderd the standalone Pins together and left the cfg1 Pin Open. Thought that's stealthchop? But Than there was that high Sound. As I left the cfg2 Pin Open too, the Stepper moves silent.
Maybe its caused on my Board? Its a GT2560 Rev b from geeetech...unfortunately there are Just schematics vor the Rev a Board...

oakdesign

Post by oakdesign » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:16 pm

The GT2560 is based on the RAMPS. If you leave all jumper on the board MS1, MS2 and MS3 are connected to VCC. So if you left the all Jumpers in place and the CFG2 pin on the TMC2130 as well your CFG2 was not open but conected to VCC and CFG1 was conected to Vio as well resulting to run the driver in spreadcycle without interpolation,
If you would have removed all jumpers from the Board MS2 and MS3 are open = connected to nothing and in consequence CFG2 and CFG3 as well. Only MS1 Jumper is different if the Jumper is removed as my schematics schows above it connects MS1 to GND and therefore if the CFG1 header pin is in place CFG1 is connected to GND as well which results into spreadcycle mode with 1/256 interpolation.

MathiasGroß

Post by MathiasGroß » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:59 pm

Okay...to be honest I'm not good at those things^^' thanks for your patience.
So I Have to add the cfg 2 Pin again to the chip, but remove all Jumpers on the board...and if I add the Ms1 Jumper alone, the chip goes in spreadcicle?