Firmware Help Needed

Have an issue you can't figure out on your own?
chuck.dahlmann

Firmware Help Needed

Post by chuck.dahlmann » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:17 am

Hi,
I have been working to set up a custom fdm printer. I started with an Anet A8-M (dual extruder)and did the aluminum frame conversion. I then designed and printed a new extruder carriage to work with dual E3D V6 hotends as the stock piece was disappointing at best. Everything works great now except that it still has the stock firmware and therefore still thinks it's a stock Anet A8-M. So the home offsets are all wrong and the parameters of the printer are completely different. I'd like to run Marlin firmware but don't know where to begin with configuration.h. Really all I need to know about would be how to set up for dual extrusion, set the distance between the nozzles and set the home offsets. Any help would be great.

Stefan

Re: Firmware Help Needed

Post by Stefan » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:27 am

Hi Chuck,

Welcome to the forum. You are already ahead of the curve if you know how to get to configuration.h.

http://marlinfw.org/docs/configuration/ ... ation.html

This page explains all the settings, including dual extrusion and offsets. More importantly, be sure to read about Marlin's safety features (particularly with all the concerns regarding the Anet A8). If you have additional questions, let us know.

-Stefan