Help with Marlin Config it will not upload to printer

Have an issue you can't figure out on your own?
TheEmit

Help with Marlin Config it will not upload to printer

Post by TheEmit » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:18 pm

I have tried the Marlin-config. Install it and 'Git' and 'Python'. I open a empty folder and let it clone Marlin. When the window open I copy the Anet A8 Configuration.h and the Configuration_adv.h flies from the 'example_configurations', dragging them to the widow. All I change is to turn on Z_SAFE_HOMING. Now I try to check the port and compile and i get the Error:- listen EACCES ::. What does this mean and how can it be fixed????? :cry: :evil:

Moorviper

Re: Help with Marlin Config it will not upload to printer

Post by Moorviper » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:52 pm

That's because it's not meant for that.
it is only for creating a config file.
And most of the time the tool is outdated and it doesn't work.
Doing it by hand is faster ....

oakdesign

Post by oakdesign » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:41 pm

@ moorviper sorry to say but you are wrong in that. Marlin Config is made for flashing as well just needs platformio istalled as well.
Basically using the same technical workflow as PlatformioIDE vor Visual Studio Code or Atom. By the way VS Code + PlatformioIDE is what I'm using for Marlin development. As welll as this setup will be the recommended toolset for Marlin 2.0 at least for all 32 bit enviironments.

Concering the the library dependencies a platformio based tool will always be mor up-to-date than Arduino based as the lib dependencies are automatically refreshed from the platformio.ini whereas in a ArduinoIDE based install you have to manually take care to update libraries yourself

Regards Rcihard
Opa's bester Rat: Probieren geht über Studieren, Grandpas best advice: the proof of the pudding is in the eating

Moorviper

Post by Moorviper » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:38 am

ok it looks like my installation on high sierra was broken there was no buttons.
now i tried an update with nom / now it is totally destroyed :-/ ;-)