problem of reading temp/ problema con lettura temperatura

Have an issue you can't figure out on your own?
johnleft

problem of reading temp/ problema con lettura temperatura

Post by johnleft » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:35 am

Hi everyone, I'm Giovanni from Italy,
I try to explain my problem in english, but if there's anyone here from Italy I can talk in italian..

I have a problema with one of my printers: a Hephestos 2 by BQ.
This printer always worked well, but now I have a problem that keep me out of working since two months ago (sorry for my bad english).
I will try to be as clear as I can in describing my issue.

1) nozzle did not warm up: problem was the thermistor but I've replaced the entire hot end, so a new nozzle with a new thermistor. Now, nozzle works well and reaches every temperature I set.
2) Nozzle AGAIN did not warm up: I've discovered that thermistor was not the only cause: the other problem was an interrupted wire (one of the two wires that take current from motherboard to the hotend), so I've replaced the wire but I did not find "the same" wire, I mean: original wire is large 2mm, I replaced it with a wire large 2,5mm. It's not a problem because nozzle warms up very well. But: to replace the wire, I had to displace it from the connector, ruining it, so I've made a connection by myself (I didn't find THE SAME connector to replace broked connector) between the two wires (red 2mm original and black 2.5mm replaced) and the two hotend cartridge's pins: well done, in fact nozzle keep warming up at the temperatures I set.

Now, the problem.

When printer used to work well:
1) if I want to change filament I set temperature and nozzle reaches it, so it search the Z "endstop" (the nozzle touch 2 times the bed until the sensor find the metal unter the bed and a red led lights up) then it moves in front of the printer and it lets me to change filament. Then, it goes back to the start point, ready to start prints.

2) if I want to do the homing of all axis: nozzle reaches a pre-set temperature, then it search for the X and y endstops, then it search and find one point in the middle and the points on the bed's edges (2 in the front and 1 in the back), then it reach the start point, and it keep the pre set temperature, ready to start prints.

3) if I want to print: I choose a file, then the bed reaches the temperature, then the nozzle reach for temperature, then the nozzle does the homing of all axis, then it goes back to the start point ready to start the print.

Whan the printer works bad, that's to say NOW:
1) if I want to change filament, just like the previous "1)", it goes on well.

2) if I want to do the homing of all axis it does every step of the previous "2)", but when it goes back to the start point, in the LCD panel I see this error:
ERROR WITH READING TEMPERATURE

3) if I want to print: I choose a file, but the bed does not warm up, then the nozzle does the homing but when it goes back to the start point, I read the same error in the LCD panel.

Now, I ask to you this:
seller of the prints does not answer to me and the BQ assistance does not exist for me.
The only 2 thing I can do are this:

1) smash the printer on the ground, again and again, till it becomes dust. Seriously.
2) try to replace one by one this 4 component:
--kit of cables from motherboard to the hotend (80€)
--inductive sensor for the leveling(33€)
--motherboard (134€)
--uninstall hot bed (printer comes without hot bed, it is a new component, it takes a firmware updating. Many people had problems with it, but the new firmaware's versions solved the bugs), but the site allows me only to update to the last version, it gives not possibility to uninstall the bed, so I do not know how to uninstall it.

I ask to you: what piece you would to replace first?

thanks to every one will answer you..

P.S.: if there is some one from Italy, maybe we can interchange facebook contact and talk in chat live.

This is a great problem for me, my work is stopped and I'm going mad, seriously..

Giovanni

Stefan

Re: problem of reading temp/ problema con lettura temperatura

Post by Stefan » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:36 pm

Ciao Giovanni,

So we understand your problem:
  • The hotend stops heating when in the home position, causing an error message.
  • The bed does not heat.
No smashing the printer. I bet we can help you through this.

-Stefan

johnleft

Post by johnleft » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:38 am

Stefan wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:36 pm
Ciao Giovanni,

So we understand your problem:
  • The hotend stops heating when in the home position, causing an error message.
  • The bed does not heat.
No smashing the printer. I bet we can help you through this.

-Stefan
You bet, I hope.. any suggest?

Stefan

Post by Stefan » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:08 pm

Hi Giovanni,

Sounds like loose wires. With a voltmeter attached at the thermistor plug, cycle the printer to home to see if it loses its connection. For the bed, check voltage at the board.

Report back!

Stefan