rambo ? 1.4 mks keyestudio board replace

Have an issue you can't figure out on your own?
PaulCole

Re: rambo ? 1.4 mks keyestudio board replace

Post by PaulCole » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:13 am

so lets do the firmware the right way then ...

PaulCole

Post by PaulCole » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:19 am

found a better diagram for the display board ( the one in thier pdf online is blurry and unreadable this one is crisp)
it was attached to an article rE: sd detect not being wired in... i checked and yep its not connected on mine either so ill do this fix

just analysing the additional info on pins versus the expansion port cables..
i figure i can get teh 12v from teh powersupply jumpers on the motherboard.

PaulCole

Post by PaulCole » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:52 am

CURRENT WIRING BASED ON PREV SCHEMATIC.
the display pwoers up.. the encoder wheel seems to do things and click and cause lights to blink.. the reset switch reboots it.. .(one form display)

but no reading of teh characters..
could be a marlin config thing..... ???

there are two wires i couldnt come to a location for for the display and teh sd card marked pa5 and pa3 -- pa5 is on vido board marked RS
pa3 is on SD area on pin1 for sd cardreader
doesnt match sd detect pin.. or adc keypad ??

or beeper

which were the only pins i had left

so now i delv into marlin to make sure i did firmware closer to right with what i learned..
any tips.. ? how much can i steal formteh velleman configs included in marlin
should i bother with 2.0 ? or 1.5 or 1.1 ?

PaulCole

Post by PaulCole » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:07 am

Went with 1.1.9. Mksmk 13 bits define. And all the settings from the config for VElleman

The display still not going (perhaps the two spare wires )

But Repetowski can make the steppers twitch. Pressing home makes all kinds of stepper racket. Vibrations like skipping teeth on the belts

PaulCole

Post by PaulCole » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:56 am

LASTEST UPDATE:
printer functioning ish ( workign on firmware tweaks now to maek things go the right directions and endstops work etc..

just finished resoldering the pins on the board from the ones from the old board and thier connectors so its more'factory fresh'

and now the board is connected like this and working (NO DISPLAY THO)

usnig marlin 1.1.9 and copied over vertex settings to the config.h and it mostly works
the second extruder feeds in reverse...? though its all wired the same

and its not seeming to get the endstops

and x and y axis grinds wierdly makign belts skip ( only on certain positions on the bed area ... so suspect it needs realignment and thats going to be a PITA

but i would appreciate help to properly wire that display board in so i can make a temp cable then a more permanent version
and hopefully by then i have the printer tuned enough to print mounts and cases for the boards.

PaulCole

Post by PaulCole » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:35 am

STATUS UPDATE :
everythign but the display is working
(and 2 of the three optical end stop sensors) the z axis one lights up but is inverted ( edited firmware to fix)
and the x and y ones do not light up nor trigger.. so gotta order a few of those

the belts are stretched a bit . so going to get some springs to tighten them ( im in a toothpick budget)
(this will happen in two weeks because im not working and broke)

What i need help with is the display wiring ... i would liek to see it working
as the last wiring diagram i posted it lights up but no readable black text at all shows
the reset switch works .. the knob does things and is read by the display ( the brightness changes a bit on some lines and yes i checked the contrast knob to make sure it wasnt just that)

have not checked the sd card reader ... but i have two wires not connected as i cant find their home so until i get it all in the right place......

so what can i get for help or did my cranky sleepless day turn everyone off ?

PaulCole

Post by PaulCole » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:41 am

echo ?

PaulCole

Post by PaulCole » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:14 am

UPDATE: printer working so far as firmware is updated and all motors move
connected with pronterface .. heats up and moves extruders ( will calibrate shortly)

Z axis is doing weird things tho.. it moves down(+ direction) but not up (-direction pronterface)
but sometimes will move up if you went down jsut prior..
so it doesn't home.. the new end stops fixed the homing of xy and the belt tension springs fixed the belt skipping (mostly) it seems to jam up in one corner of the print area.. near home... sometimes but not always

the display is still sitting where the last post left it because i cant seem to figure where to connect it..

help is required.
and appreciated...

first the z axis confusion please. then the display because im sure i can figure the xy stuff.. but i wont ignore reading advice on anything

currently using hotglue to hold new end stops in place because need to print new mounts for the new style end stops.

PaulCole

JUST need help with display board now

Post by PaulCole » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:59 am

z axis problem was endstops...
the optical endstops this originally had have apparently all gone bad and are now replaced.. homes properly now

the y direction seems a little off true (two parallel bars and belts are nto pulling evenly.. causing it to skip in places or on fast moves..
this i can fix

the display problem is all that is left...
then to decide if going tmc 2130's OR a bltouch.. cause apparently if tlc2130 are installed endstops and bltouch arent required for bed leveling or mesh bed levelling