Unknown issues

Have an issue you can't figure out on your own?
JacobLindsay

Unknown issues

Post by JacobLindsay » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:14 am

So recently I got my anet a8 to print some really decent pieces, I'm talking smooth finish and no problems. But now I can't get it to print anything good. At first the nozzles and heat break kept getting clogged eventually I got it to put so filament down on the bed but it doesn't seem like its extruding constantly. Its hard to explain but it will print the edge of the print okay but when it starts to get to the center of the print or infill it seems to pull up whatever it puts down. The bed has been leveled multiple times using different measurement methods. Any thoughts? I'll try to upload a video of what im talking about.

JacobLindsay

Re: Unknown issues

Post by JacobLindsay » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:22 am

The attachment IMG_4042.jpg is no longer available
Notice how the layer has strips, its like in those specific areas it decide not to extrude. When the infill started goingit just went straight through the previous layers.
IMG_4041.jpg
IMG_4041.jpg (1.81 MiB) Viewed 100 times

Stefan

Re: Unknown issues

Post by Stefan » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:23 pm

Hi JL,

I think you are experiencing two different phenomena. If infill is pulling up, it may be underextruded and not sticking well to the layer beneath it. In your photo, you are actually seeing the printer lay down the layer "out of order". If look at the entire path, the printer may not travel top to bottom and left to right. It often skips areas and returns to them out of sequence. I don't think this is anything to worry about.

-Stefan