Specific actions depending on activ extruder

3D Modelling, Slicing, Hosts and Management
3DCube

Specific actions depending on activ extruder

Post by 3DCube » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:01 pm

Hello everybody!

My name is Markus, I just registered. Nice to be here in this forum and big thanks to Tom for setting this up! ;)

I have a problem which I couldn't solve after many hours of reaserching...

What I want to do is that I need to make specific actions with a servo during the tool change depending which extruder is active while printing (multiple extruders). For example:

If the active Extruder is E0 and I want to change to the Extruder E1 during a print, a servo should move certain degrees. But if E1 is printing and I want to change to E0 the servo should move differently.

So let's say I have three extruders. I want that the servo makes a specific move depending which extruder is active and which one should be the next.

I am not sure if this is possible to make with GCode in the custom gcode section in Slic3r or if I have make changes in Marlin.

It would be amazing if you could help me with this! :)

Cheers,
Markus
Printers:
Prusa i3 MK2
RUGG3D
3DCube

PartTimeRonin

Re: Specific actions depending on activ extruder

Post by PartTimeRonin » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:23 pm

The problem is that you want the servo to rotate differently for each 3 extruders so simple tool change Gcode on most slicers might not be suffice.
Unless it's alway change in 1 2 3 orders or re design it to use in different way.
Then again I just a noob so there might be a way.