Upgrading Firmware on Anet A8

3D Modelling, Slicing, Hosts and Management
Ozma64

Upgrading Firmware on Anet A8

Post by Ozma64 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:20 am

What firmware should I upgrade to on my Anet A8 if I'm wanting to use auto leveling? This is my first 3D Printer and I have been finding mixed answers online. Some people say to use Skynet 3D, some say to use straight Marlin because Skynet 3D is obsolete, and others say that in order to use auto
leveling you have to install Marlin and then clone Skynet 3D (????? confused on that one.....). I just want to find a straight answer on what I should upgrade to and how I should do it. Any legitimate input would be greatly appreciated.

mmrvelj

Re: Upgrading Firmware on Anet A8

Post by mmrvelj » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:03 pm

You can use Marlin 1.1.8 on Anet 1.0 board to get bed leveling. I have the same setup and it works. Of course you need to compile Marlin and configure options (type of sensor, etc..) . I am using inductive sensor, but it can work with many of them. Depends on the amount you want to spend.

For me trickiest part was finding out best way to mount the sensor.

oakdesign

Re: Upgrading Firmware on Anet A8

Post by oakdesign » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:24 am

But be Aware due to the 128k Memory Limit on the Anet Boards you can't use the full Feature set of Marlin. Speaking n the Word of Leveling you can't get 'UBL unified bed Leveling to work, but other leveling methods such as Linear or Bi-linear will work

Regards Richard
Opa's bester Rat: Probieren geht über Studieren, Grandpas best advice: the proof of the pudding is in the eating