Upgrading Firmware on Tronxy p802ma

3D Modelling, Slicing, Hosts and Management
eekeek1

Upgrading Firmware on Tronxy p802ma

Post by eekeek1 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:09 pm

Hi there,

Long time reader first time poster.

I have a Tronxy p802ma Prusia i3 clone running marlin 1.0 firmware with a melzi board, now I want to upgrade it to a maker base 1.4 board with touch screen.
How do I do that? is it a matter of flashing a up to date version of the marlin firmware onto the maker base board, or is there more to it than that.

If someone could explain to me on how I do this as I'm not sure on how exactly to do it, my level of technical experience is good and have a lot of hours in 3d printing.

Many Thanks

eekeek1

Stefan

Re: Upgrading Firmware on Tronxy p802ma

Post by Stefan » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:18 pm

Hi eekeek1,

If you are swapping your board and updating Marlin, you will have to edit the firmware. There may already be configurations posted online for your machine, so look around. The file that you will be focused on is "configuration.h". Changes will consist of printer dimensions, components you are using, and a few other miscellaneous settings.

Many of the specifics are actually in the comments of the file. Not hard, just time consuming and a bit of trial and error. If you are doing a board swap, you will always have the original to fall back on.😉

-Stefan