Anycubic Linear Plus Leveling Issues

Anything goes! Cheap or expensive, FDM or SLA, DIY or Commercial.
33nolan

Anycubic Linear Plus Leveling Issues

Post by 33nolan » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:40 pm

So I've had this delta for a few months and its been great except I cant get the thing to stay level to save my life. I was able to successfully level it to perfection manually one time when i first got it and was able to get it perfect and pass the paper test at 0,0 and in front of all the towers. After that one perfect time it has always scraped the bed between the towers which is why I deiced to try auto leveling. I've finally got auto leveling working somewhat and even that is inconsistent and far from perfect. After auto leveling it is a little off in front of all of the towers. Some towers can get 2 pieces of paper sometimes and sometimes one. Its very inconsistent and usually one tower is scraping the bed. I'm losing my mind with this thing. Any ideas anyone? :cry:

ronka

Re: Anycubic Linear Plus Leveling Issues

Post by ronka » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:18 am

probe offset maybe? or the printable radius?

33nolan

Post by 33nolan » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:30 am

Both are perfect as far as I know. Ok so as of tonight im able to get it to be decent at business card thickness between the bed and towers and paper thin at center without it scraping the bed. This is after auto probing and then manually adjusting the y tower endstop screw to make the nozzle closer to the bed.

LuckyB

Post by LuckyB » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:06 pm

The main issue with the Anycubic Linear kit is the fact that one can easily introduce imperfections into the setup when slightly misaligning the linear rails on the aluminium extrusions or by tilting the bed when removing finished prints. In the Standard kit I would have been able to misalign the linear rails by around 2 mm on both ends, which would have easily resulted in an approx. 1° tilt towards the (ideally) vertical aluminium extrusion.
Due to the delta kinematics it is absolutely necessary to have such mechanical imperfections perfectly reflected in the firmware (which is almost impossible), otherwise one ends up in a ton of inconsistent misalignments in print. Also inconsistent diagonal rod lengths play a very significant role here (my kit included one diagonal rod which was 2mm shorter than the other 5 rods). Additionally the aluminium heatbed tends to warp a little between different temperatures (but heatbed support was an enhancement I added to the standard kit).
Thus before fiddling too much around with firmware settings I set out for eliminating all potential mechanical issues I could get rid of - e.g. be making sure that all three towers are actually the same distance away from each other, the linear rails are perfectly centered on the aluminium extrusions, the print bed is in 90° angle towards the towers.
Once that is finished one can get actually fairly accurate settings, provided the print bed is not tilted from the printer when removing finished prints - which to my understanding is almost impossible. Thus I opted for BLTouch autobedleveling, which worked fine for the first few prints until an electrical issue started to haunt me which resulted in absolutely faulty autolevel runs. I still need to get rid of that electrical bug - but currently I'm a bit tired of having to fiddle around with the Anycubic kit sooo much.

33nolan

Post by 33nolan » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:41 pm

Thanks for the reply. I'll keep troubleshooting a little more. I'll look into the linear rail imperfections, diagonal rod length and ALL the distances and see if I can sort that out. Any other suggestions to try out? I printed some manual bed levelers from thingiverse (the ones that the bed mounts to so you can tilt the bed while printing a circle) and I might give that a shot if nothing else works out. I've gotten it manually leveled almost perfect so we'll see how long that last.

33nolan

Post by 33nolan » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:20 pm

Ok so I measured everything and the rods are all equal, everything is tight, linear rails are perfectly aligned, I installed bed screws for manual leveling and tested auto leveling again and still it's off. I really tried to calculate the smooth rod offset and as I'm getting closer and closer to printing flat by lowering the value which should raise the nozzle it starts lowering the nozzle.