Delta Auto leveling

Anything goes! Cheap or expensive, FDM or SLA, DIY or Commercial.
33nolan

Delta Auto leveling

Post by 33nolan » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:15 pm

I have an Anycubic Linear Plus and I've integrated auto leveling and it doesn't work. It will probe properly and store properly but it in't level. I can see that it has made changes when moving around the bed but it scrapes the bed and I've tested the Z-offset and it seems right and I cant figure out what to do.

chumm

Re: Delta Auto leveling

Post by chumm » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:59 am

Are you maintaining a constant hotend temperature while the probing is being done? Is your sensor positioned such that it might be getting hot air blown on it?

I had some auto leveling problems on a cartesian style printer, not a delta, but similar in that the readings seemed off across the board. It turned out I was heating my nozzle while doing the probing, and my hotend was set up such that the fan was blowing increasingly hot air on the sensor while it was working. Someone here noted that temperature affects the reading of the sensor per one of Tom's videos, so having variable temperature caused me to get variable readings.

Tsunamijuan

Post by Tsunamijuan » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:47 pm

If your printer is still not level its often an indication that things are off in other places for the printer. Non matching arms, or possibly the frame is tweaked. This can also include large differences in the end stop locations.

There is only a small degree of bed leveling compensation that most deltas can do before they increase the problem. Concave and convex movement usually shows up at this point.

I am not personally familiar with what firmware is running on the anycubic, but there are a good number of tutorials out there for Kossel style deltas running on marlin. Go through some of the process for manual leveling, and it should get you much closer to where you need to be. So that the autolevel will do the final clean up .

33nolan

Post by 33nolan » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:03 am

The rod arms length are all equal. End stops are good. I'll try the manual process again for the 10000000000000000th time. its very inconsistent in retaining levelness.

Tsunamijuan

Post by Tsunamijuan » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:28 pm

Its like a buildtak or pei ontop of glass right? if so and you have been printing ABS or something with an very high bond to the surface, you might be distorting the build surface. I know for a fact BuildTak will pull away from borosilicate glass, resulting i bumps in the surface causing leveling issues. You could wet the surface and it might show up. Or even flip the Glass over and see if you have developed pockets where the surface is no longer sticking to the glass.

33nolan

Post by 33nolan » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:50 am

Using glass with some thin hairspray.