TMC2130 on a Ramps Plus2 (Alfawise U10)

Have an issue you can't figure out on your own?
trondve

TMC2130 on a Ramps Plus2 (Alfawise U10)

Post by trondve » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:33 pm

Hi,

I've studied the guides &
Tom's video about TMC2130 for a while so I ordered a set of TMC2130. Now I struggle to find the correct PINS to use on the Ramps Plus2.

Has anyone installed them on this board or does anyone want to give me any pointers?
The EXP1 & EXP2 seem to be fully used by the display unit.

I would be very thankful for any suggestions!

Stefan

Re: TMC2130 on a Ramps Plus2 (Alfawise U10)

Post by Stefan » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:06 pm

Hi Trondve,

If your board is anything like the RAMPS 1.4, you need to use the same pins for the TMC2130 AND the LCD. There are several articles that explain which pins to use. You can solder pins or wires to the back of the LCD connector to link to the TMC2130.

It does look like you have fewer AUX pins available; you may have to share more connections with the LCD, though I'm not sure if it will work.

-Stefan

oakdesign

Re: TMC2130 on a Ramps Plus2 (Alfawise U10)

Post by oakdesign » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:00 am

With the latest Marlin bugfix it's not required to use the MISO,MOSI and SCK Hardware SPI Pins anymore. You can define Software SPI Pins in the Firmware to avoid Problems of These are covered by your LCD connector which is likely on any Display with an SD Card Reader as thses 3 PIN are used by the SD Card not the Display itself.
The issue on your Plus2 board is that you are missing the AUX Headers you will have to use the SPI on the EXP2 Header and I marked those that I would identify as possible candidated for the use as CS pins

Opa's bester Rat: Probieren geht über Studieren, Grandpas best advice: the proof of the pudding is in the eating